TO PRESERVE AND CHERISH THE DUDLEY LEGACY
For More Information Email Us firstname.lastname@example.org
Guidelines for 50th Year Honor Class Participation
The National Dudley Alumni Association recognized the first 50-year class in 1982 by honoring the Class of 1932. Since that time the national Alumni Association has honored each 50-year class during the Annual consolidated Reunion Weekend (third weekend in July of each year when possible). The following guidelines have been established; however, if you have any questions please contact the National President of the Dudley Alumni Association, Inc. P.O. Box 21971, Greensboro, NC 27420.
- The honored class shall select a reunion coordinator to work with the National Board of Directors. This person will be a member of the Reunion Planning Committee.
- The honored class will have the privilege to make recommendations for speakers for the Banquet and Memorial Service.
- The honored class can make recommendations for other class members to participate on the programs - Banquet and Memorial Service.
- The honored class will follow the program format of the National for qie Banquet and Memorial Service and select their classmates to participate on the program. (Program format will be given to the class representative). Awards and Printed programs (plain style) will be paid for by National. All other expenses are at the option of the class.
- Information for the Banquet & Memorial Service printed programs will be given to the National President thirty days prior to the reunion. Items needed: 1) class participants; 2) a list of deceased members of the class (Memorial Service); 3) an ad from the class for the souvenir book.
- The honored class will recommend Full participation to their classmates in the consolidated Reunion. Full registration may change from year to year but generally includes Banquet, Annual Membership, Souvenir Book Souvenir Bag and Name Tag, etc.
- Those classmates wanting to attend only the Banquet or other events may do so by purchasing tickets for the activity. If full registration is not purchased, they will not receive a Souvenir Bag or Souvenir Book and they may be purchased sep:1.rately.
- Each class must secure annual membership to the National Organization for each member. Membership Forms will be available to the class chairperson and may be paid as a group.
- A Photographer for a class picture will be provided by the National organization. The photographer will take pictures of all events and made available to everyone for an extra cost.
- The honored class will make their own room reservations at the host hotel.
- The honored class will be responsible for their own publicity of events .
- The class should recommend a person from their class for the Achievement Award which is presented at the Banquet. The criteria for persons receiving this award will be given to the class.
- The Honor class may choose to have a dance with live entertainment at their expense. If so, National will provide the space and share their respective portion of the cost for hors d' oeuvres (based on ticket sales). If agreed, each p:l.rty will have the opportunity to presale half of the tickets and retain the respective proceeds in this joint venture.
Guidelines for Classes other than the SO-Year Honor Class:
- The above guidelines may generally apply to other classes wishing to p:l.rticipate with the Consolidated Reunion with the exception of the Banquet and Memorial setvice.
The Dudley Alumni Association’s purpose is to represent all persons who shall be Alumnus, to sponsor consolidated reunions, to establish scholarships, to make gifts and donations to Dudley, to collect, study and publish history, to recognize deserving individuals for their contributions to the school, to advertise and to enter into purposes to further the school and alumni association.
Dudley Alumni Association, Inc.
PO Box 21971
Greensboro, NC 27420