General donations support special projects and help us contribute to different programs through out the year that benefit Dudley High School and their students. (Click here for form).
PURPOSE: To assist deserving high school graduated to further their education at institutions of higher learning.
SELECTION: Selection will be made by the Dudley Alumni Association scholarship committee with written notice. Official award will be announced at the May capping ceremony. The scholarship will not be renewable.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA: Applicant must have been officially accepted into an Accredited program or certificate Program at a USA degree granting College or university
• Submit the complete Dudley Alumni Association scholarship application
• Submit a photo of yourself (b/w or color is acceptable)
• Submit two(2) letters of reference, none of which can be from family members
• Have maintained at least a C+ average (2.5 out of 4.0)
METHOD OF AWARD: The recipient will be required to notify the Dudley Alumni Association of his/her school admission and due date for payment. The money will be sent directly to the college or university upon verification of the student’s enrollment.
SUBMISSION: Applications may be obtained from the guidance offices at Dudley High School. Applications may also be downloaded. (Download Application).
SUBMISSION DATES: January 15 through April 8th
APPLICANT SHOULD HAVE:
• Contributed in some way to the Community at large through volunteer Service or helping someone in need
• Participated in extra-curricular school Activities or non-school activities (such As scouting, Boys Club or Girls Club, Church groups, or sports clubs, to name a few)
• Held jobs or internships, and/or served In positions of influence in any of the Organizations with which affiliated
COMPLETED APPLICATIONS: Must be submitted to Dudley Alumni Association Scholarship Committee PO Box 21971 Greensboro, North Carolina 27420 Applications must be postmarked no Later than April 8th..
AWARD AMOUNT: The dollar amount will be recommended by the Scholarship committee each year, ranging from $500 TO $3,000.
Membership is one of the most affordable ways for alumni and friends to demonstrate their Dudley pride and continue the Dudley Legacy. Founded in 1929, Dudley is one of only five historical black high schools remaining in North Carolina. The newly renovated school is equipped with cutting edge technology. (See our virtual tour)
FOR MORE INFORMATION
DUDLEY ALUMNI ASSOCIATION, INC.
PO BOX 21971
GREENSBORO, NC 27420
The Dudley Alumni Association’s purpose is to represent all persons who shall be Alumnus, to sponsor consolidated reunions, to establish scholarships, to make gifts and donations to Dudley, to collect, study and publish history, to recognize deserving individuals for their contributions to the school, to advertise and to enter into purposes to further the school and alumni association.
Dudley Alumni Association, Inc.
PO Box 21971
Greensboro, NC 27420